Become a Fam Jam Volunteer!
2013 volunteer applications are now closed. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for Fam Jam 2014, please contact McCown Bridges, Marketing Coordinator, at 843.853.8962 x223 or
Set Up 8:00am - 10:00am
- Balloons (4 volunteers) Blowing up dozens of balloons using the Museum's helium tank and tying them to anything stationary at Marion Square in the Fam Jam event space
- Booth Set Up (4 volunteers) Zip-tying signage on tents according to a layout, laying out table cloths and placing water bottles at every Wellness Partner booth
- Sidewalk Chalk (10 volunteers) Sidewalk chalking in the perimeter of Marion Square (including Meeting Street, Calhoun Street and King Street) while also sidewalk chalking King and Meeting Street up to Ann Street, continuing to decorate Ann Street and John Street
- Dance Floor Set Up (4 male volunteers) Helping the band set up for their dance floor; will involve heavy lifting
Event Needs 9:45am - 2:15pm
- Face Painting (3 volunteers at a time) The Museum will provide all supplies; volunteer must be creative, patient and good with kids. Time slots from 9:45am - 12:00pm & 12:00pm - 2:15pm
- Floaters (10 volunteers) Float in between Museum & Marion Square on a needs basis, filling in for staff and volunteers when they need breaks. Also includes trash removal from Fam Jam event to Museum dumpster
- Jump Castle Attendees (4 volunteers) Handle crowd control and maintain safety at Jump Castles, one volunteer per jump castle
- Electronic Company & Emcee attendees (2 volunteers) Cater to band and emcee needs, from providing water, food and transportation via golf cart to and from Museum to also making sure they maintain their performance schedules
- Hand Outs (6 volunteers) Handing out programs, maps to the Museum and Fam Jam stickers. Needs to be knowledgeable of the area and its relation to the Children's Museum.
Break Down & Clean Up 2:15pm - 4:00pm
- Trash (6 volunteers) Strip off all table cloths and deflate all balloons and place in trash. Pick up loose trash as you see fit and begin emptying trash receptacles and bringing trash and recycling receptacles to the Museum using vehicles or other form of transportation
- Table & Chair Break Down (10 volunteers) Break down all tables and fold up folding chairs and place in one central location
- Vendor Assistance (10 volunteers) Help vendors, wellness partners and entertainers with break down and loading of their vehicles. May require carrying things long distances.
For more information: