STRATEGIC PLAN 2014 – 2018
The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry’s newly adopted strategic plan (2014 – 2018) will help guide the Museum in its planning, activities and initiatives of the next five years. As part of its new plan, CML will focus on the POWER OF PLAY and its necessity and benefits for the well-being of all children. CML will work to customize experiences to engage the interests of its most important audience groups while focusing on its current site to help refresh and re-imagine experiences that take place at the Museum.
Engage young children’s potential by inviting families of all backgrounds to explore environments and experiences that spark imagination and stimulate curiosity through the power of PLAY.
The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry and its stakeholders believe that in the next generation, the Charleston area can become a community where all children enjoy an increasing level of well-being, because:
– It shines a bright light on its youngest citizens as capable, creative and full of promise.
– Its families actively connect around common interests and priorities for their children.
– It values and invests in life-long, life-wide and life-deep learning.
– Its families of all backgrounds appreciate its shared civic, cultural, historic and natural assets.
– It prepares its children to participate in the region’s expanding economic opportunities and career prospects