What days can we have a birthday bash at CML?
Every day is a party day at CML! Our birthday time slots are as follows:
3:00 – 4:30 pm
5:30 – 7:00 pm
10:00 – 11:30 am
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
3:00 – 4:30 pm
5:30 – 7:00 pm (additional $100 fee; birthday room will be ready at 5 pm)
1:00 – 2:30 pm
3:30 – 5:00 pm
6:00 – 7:30 pm (additional $100 fee; birthday room will be ready at 5:30 pm)
Summer weekdays are not available because of Summer Camp. Most weekdays during the Fall, Winter and Spring are available; please call for more information.
Please note: Since the Museum closes at 5 pm, if you book the last birthday slot of the day 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm, we encourage you to let your guests know they can come before the start of the birthday in order to get more play time in the Museum.
How do I get this party started?
Simply contact our Events Coordinator, Cameron Haines, at 843.853.8962 x240 or cameron@exploreCML.org to chat about the big bash! Kendall will answer all your questions, check on availability and hold a spot for you!
We are happy to put a tentative hold on a time for your birthday without a deposit for 24 hours. However, once you are ready to confirm the party, we ask for a $75 deposit. This deposit is taken out of the total amount due, which we settle up at the end of the birthday bash.
What does CML provide for the birthday bash?
- One dedicated PLAY Specialist as your party facilitator who will set up, serve your food + refreshments and clean up after the party
- 1.5 hours exclusive use of our large, private party room to celebrate in your own style
- Unlimited PLAY time in the Museum with all-day access to the entire Museum for all guests
- Free parking for the Party Host in our CML Employee Parking Lot
- A Birthday Parade in the Museum
- Paper and plastic products including table clothes, cups, plates, napkins and tableware (you may choose to bring your own decorations, as well)
- 6 party balloons
For themed birthday parties, CML also provides…
- 6 more balloons
- A themed craft led by a PLAY Specialist
- A Scavanger Hunt in the Museum led by a PLAY Specialist
- One treat bag for every child
How many children can attend my party? Can their parents come as well?
To ensure that everyone has the best possible experience, we try to keep the number of children to a maximum of 20. We ask that you try to keep the party to a total of 40 people, children and adults. We do this to ensure everyone’s comfort during the party.
Can I have pizza or other food delivered to my party?
Absolutely; however, since we have had difficulty with late deliveries in the past, we suggest that you have food delivered at the time your party starts.
When can I get into the private birthday bash room?
The room is guaranteed to be ready for you 15 minutes before the start time of your party. You are welcome to come in 30 minutes before your party starts, just know we may still be putting the finishing touches on the room.
Where do I park on the day of my party?
We have a special parking spot reserved for the birthday family. It is located off of John Street, across from Rue de Jean.
What is the typical timeline of a birthday bash?
We suggest the following timeline; but it is your party, so we can guide the party however you wish:
- The CML birthday bash host will welcome guests as they arrive and invite them to go play in the Museum.
- Approximately 15 minutes into the party, we will make an announcement throughout the Museum asking your party guests to join us for the birthday parade.
- After we parade through the Museum and into the birthday bash room, it is time to eat snacks and present the cake!
- After cake, we open presents, if you wish, and then invite the guests to enjoy the Museum for the rest of the day!
How do I settle the payment for the party?
We will settle payment at the end of the party. The base price for 10 children is the minimum amount for any party. However, in regard to additional children, you are only charged for the number of children who attend the party.
Suggestions for a successful/stress-free birthday bash.
Let CML handle all the details for you! We can arrange for the snacks, drinks, cake, take home treats and more!
If you would like to bring your own food, we suggest simple foods. Some of the more popular items that folks have brought in include:
- Pizza Hut (The store at 483 Meeting Street, phone – 843-763-2700) offers a Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry Deal for large, one topping pizzas for only $6.99!
- Chick-fil-A nuggets
- Individual cheese sticks
- Finger fruits, i.e., grapes, raisins, or Goldfish crackers