Visitor Services Associate
The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry has immediate openings for part-time Visitor Services Associates (we currently open weekends only). Love what you do! Join the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry team.
Located in beautiful downtown Charleston, the Children’s Museum of Lowcountry is a non-profit children’s museum dedicated to engaging young children’s potential through experiences that spark imaginations and stimulate curiosity using the power of PLAY.
Visitor Services Associates are the front line and the face of the museum, having interactions with all museum guests. CML is currently looking for applicants interested working in an educational and playful non-profit environment where children birth to 10 years old play and learn through our hands-on and engaging exhibits. Applicants likely to thrive in this environment will be energetic, self-directed, enthusiastic to learn and teach, friendly, and customer service driven. We are looking for employees who have a reliable schedule and are comfortable interacting with the public including small children. Prior job experience working with children is not a requirement but some of those skills translate well into the Visitor Services position. Primary job responsibilities include working at the front desk greeting customers, signing in members or taking admission payments, operating a cash register, general tidying of the museum throughout the day to maintain exhibit orderliness. Other duties could include deep cleaning projects in the morning and occasionally hosting weekend birthday parties and facilitating programs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have reliable and consistent schedule.
- Must be able to complete related duties.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must be able to lift 20lbs on a regular basis. This position may require sitting, standing, and/or walking and climbing stairs throughout the facility for extended periods of time on any workday.
Skills and Experience:
- Childcare, education, customer service, cashier, retail experience.
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with customers of all ages.
- Organizational skills to effectively process check-ins and other work as needed.
- Self-confidence to take the initiative or various tasks and projects.
- Achievement-motivated to work with the CML to set and surpass realistic goals.
Available Shifts: We are currently seeking multiple part-time employees to work a minimum of 15 hours/week. Set afternoon shifts during the week and weekend.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to email@example.com.
The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry would like to thank all applicants, however only those who quality for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry is an equal opportunity employer.