PAC (Play Ambassadors Council)
The mission of the PAC is to develop a deeper level of engagement with the parents, grandparents and caregivers who give the most and get the most out of their involvement with the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry (CML). By establishing the Play Ambassadors Council, CML aims to build relationships with the museum’s most consistent users and most devoted supporters. CML will provide training, resources and support to these stakeholders to build their capacity as caregivers, community members, and champions of play.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND INVOLVEMENT
– Be in the Know: gain early access to behind the scenes museum information and exclusive access to workshops and training opportunities geared especially towards museum parents, grandparents and caregivers
– Give Back: volunteer your time as an individual or as part of a group in order to promote a culture of giving back, fellowship and philanthropy
– Build Community: create connections with other museum families and help the museum make connections with the wider world
– Champion Play: learn why play is critically important to the development of a healthy child and how to advocate for access to play for your child and every child
PERSONAL FINANCIAL SUPPORT
PAC members are expected to contribute a minimum of $250 per year of participation. The funds raised each year through donations will support CML’s annual fund and will be put to use wherever the museum has the greatest need.
– The Play Ambassadors Council meets every other month from September – May.
– Meetings take place either in the morning (9:15am) or in the middle of the day (12:00pm) depending on trainers schedule.
Established in 2003, the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry is a non-profit organization whose mission is to engage young children’s potential by inviting families of all backgrounds to explore environments and experiences that spark imagination and stimulate curiosity through the power of PLAY.
Director of Development