CML’s downtown location at 25 Ann Street has now re-opened.
Please note that the temporary pop-up location at the Citadel Mall has now closed.
Come PLAY with us at the Citadel Mall! We’ll be open Tuesday – Saturday 9am – 5pm and Sunday 12pm – 5pm until our downtown location re-opens! Find us at the Citadel Mall in Suite 264, across from Center Court and Kay Jewelers! Admission is FREE for Museum members and children under 12-months-old and our temporary location will be $5 for non-members.
- We are making improvements to our facility.
- We wish we could keep parts of the Museum open, but because we are working on the bathrooms, we need to be closed to visitors.
- We hope to be open again by March 2.
- CML will have a temporary location that is free for members and reduced price for other visitors: visit us at the Citadel Mall in West Ashley, Suite 264 (across from Kay Jewelers and Center Court).
- All CML memberships will be extended by the same amount of time that our downtown location is closed.
- CML is committed to making major renovations and improvements, and we hope to be able to make those changes in the not-too-distant future.
- We hope you will love the changes! During this closure, CML will be:
- removing the shed in the backyard (This shed was built in the 1970s to house the replica of the Best Friend Train that is now located in the Best Friend Train Museum across from CML. The building is not historic and, in the fall of 2017, CML received BAR approval to take it down.)
- resurfacing our backyard with a much more accessible, play-friendly surface
- renovating the bathrooms
- encapsulating the ceiling
- adding new outdoor mini-exhibits