RACEWAYS (a.k.a. The Golf Ball Room)
Raceways is full of chutes, hoops and loops! Children learn about Newton’s laws of motion as they send golf balls on various journeys. This exhibit will have your children giggling with anticipation as they watch their golf balls sail!
- Send golf balls down the swirling vortex, then encourage your child to lie on his/her stomach to watch them drop out of the vortex!
- The silly spiral chute will have your children running around in circles as they follow the golf balls around and around! Block the chute while your child fills the first rung of the spiral with as many golf balls as possible – then count down and let them all go around!
- Can your child send his/her ball over the many hills of the giant roller coaster to reach the end of the station?
- Allow yourselves at least 30 minutes just for this room – most children do not want to leave!
- Don’t miss the counting beads in Raceways – fun for the little ones; it is also fun for older ones who keep score when they earn points by getting their golf balls in the buckets!