How We Play
The mission of the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry (CML) is to engage young children’s potential by inviting families of all backgrounds to explore environments and experiences that spark imagination and stimulate curiosity through the power of PLAY. To nurture a fun, safe, and PLAYful environment for all children, CML has the following expectations and rules for all members and visitors. If you need assistance, please ask a PLAY Specialist how we can help.
- Respect others. Be courteous to others around you.
- Always walk, never run indoors.
- Use the equipment safely and appropriately so all Museum guests can PLAY together.
- Children must be under the constant supervision of an adult caregiver at all times. Adults must immediately report any emergency or child separated from the group to a Museum staff member.
- Unattended adults may not visit the Museum. All adult visitors must be accompanied by a child or a Museum staff member.
- Take turns, share, clean up and use materials gently.• Use Positive Language. Profanity, inappropriate jokes, harassment, and abuse are prohibited. Rough play, fighting, and threatening behavior are not allowed.
- The Museum is Tobacco-Free. Using, possessing, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- We promote families PLAYing together. Limit cell phone use and other electronic devices while enjoying the Museum to maximize the experience for you and your child.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed on the premises.