PLAN YOUR VISIT
The Children's Museum of the Lowcountry is a non-profit organization whose mission is to engage young children's potential by inviting families of all backgrounds to explore environments and experiences that spark imagination and stimulate curiosity through the power of PLAY.
WHEN TO COME
CML is open Tuesdays - Saturdays from 9am - 5pm and Sundays from 12pm – 5pm. We are closed on Mondays for maintenance, with the exception of our holiday schedule.
- CML is typically quieter in the afternoons… and Wednesday is the quietest day of the week.
- If this is your first time coming to the Museum, allow yourself at least 1.5 hours to enjoy all the exhibits!
Check our calendar to see what's happening on the day you plan to come!
WHAT TO BRING
Admission to the Museum is $12 for everyone over the age of 12 months (adults and children), $10 for SC Residents and FREE for children under one-year-old. Your admission grants you access in and out of the Museum all day.
- Instead of paying each time you come, why not sign up for a membership? You get year-round admission for the price of just three visits! Not to mention you will also get discounts on CML ToyLand, birthday parties and camps!
- Not from Charleston? Not to worry, we have a membership that will grant you access to children’s museums around the country! Check it out here!
- We support the Gibbes Museum of Art! Can't see your favorite artists while the Gibbes undergoes renovations? Come make your very own art in our Art Room! Show your Gibbes Membership Card to receive 25% off admission to CML.
Change for Parking Meters
- No cash, no worries! There is an ATM located across the street from the Museum, and we are always happy to make change for a dollar.
The CML Café offers a variety of snacks to cure those mid-morning and mid-afternoon cravings. From Cheese Its to Yogurt to Dippin Dots, we have got your snacks covered.
- You can always pack a lunch and eat outside at a picnic table in the CML KidGardens!
- There are a number of delicious restaurants within walking distance, including:
Your Comfortable Clothes
CML hosts a full art room and a very fun water room. While we have smocks for both rooms and our paint is washable, you may want to leave your Sunday’s best at home…
CML is next to the Visitor Center in downtown Charleston at:
25 Ann Street (between King and Meeting)
Charleston, SC 29403
(see a Google map)
Directions from I26S
- Take the Meeting Street Exit.
- Make a right onto Meeting Street.
- Look for Ann Street on the right-hand side.
Directions from 17N
- As you head over the bridge on 17N onto the peninsula, stay in your right-hand lane.
- When the street comes to a Y, take Cannon Street.
- Follow Cannon Street all the way to King (dead end) and take a right.
- Look for Ann Street on your left.
Directions from 17S
- As you come over the Cooper River Bridge, stay in your right-hand lane.
- Take the Meeting Street Exit.
- Turn left onto Meeting Street.
- Follow Meeting Street 2.5 miles to Ann Street and make a right onto Ann Street.
WHERE TO PARK
The City provides a number of metered parking spaces around the Museum for $0.75/hour.
- The meters accept change for up to two hours at a time – and the meter maids around town take their jobs very seriously!
There are two parking garages on either side of the Museum. The garages cost $2.00/hour.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
The Museum has nine different exhibits that are sure to keep you and your family entertained for hours. The museum is self-guided and the exhibits are all driven by family interaction and imagination.
- We suggest starting in our Art Room, that way all masterpieces can dry before it is time to go home.